Practical notes on how to save water

...read on...


Thursday 9 February 2012

WaterAid update

.


I am now up to £110 with sponsorship money for my triathlon. Recent training for the event has involved 2 days of ice climbing in Scotland and a 23km walk in the snow from Altrincham to Tatton Park and back. I was glad Tatton Park were open when we got there, it was freezing, it was also great to see the herd of deer sitting in the snow. If you want to support WaterAid please go to my sponsorship webpage, overseas donations are accepted. click here to donate

WaterAid is an international non governmental organisation focused exclusively on improving poor people’s access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation. WaterAid works in Africa, Asia and the Pacific region and campaigns globally to realise a vision of a world where everyone has access to these basic human needs.

Please help me to work towards a world where everyone can have access to clean, safe water

Just £15 can give the life changing gift of clean water to one person. See what else your donation could provide:

• £12 can buy two taps for a village waterpoint
• £15 can give the gift of water to one whole person
• £20 can buy 25 metres of pipe
• £46 can buy a family toilet
• £50 can buy a handpump
• £60 can buy a rainwater collection jar
• £100 can buy a soap making business for two people

So please, dig deep and help me hit my target!

If you feel like joining me in my challenge for WaterAid, email events@wateraid.org for more information.